Chrome is that shiny mirror-like surface that makes our motorcycles more elegant. A metal coating meant to protect and beautify that comes in two varieties:
- Hard chrome: Industrial coating used in areas requiring a very hard finish, like inner fork tubes.
- Show chrome: Attractive finish used on most of the shiny bits you usually see on our cruisers.
However, going chrome comes with its own difficulties as it can become dingy, discoloured and dirty after intense use. Therefore, the best way to keep your bike’s glamour is to use our tested and approved Harley-Davidson® Chrome Clean & Shine cream.
How to clean and polish chrome?
1. Wash your motorcycle using a non-abrasive sponge or cloth and two buckets with hot water: one with soapy water for cleaning and one for rinsing. Important! Don’t start cleaning until your motorcycle is cool to the touch. Cold water can damage a hot bike.
2. Wipe it dry using a soft microfibre towel.
3. Once the motorcycle is completely dry, apply the Harley-Davidson® Chrome Clean & Shine cream on the chrome parts following the directions on the container.
4. Polish in straight lines to avoid swirls. Use a microfibre towel to make sure you don’t damage the metal.
5. Admire your great job and...
Don’t forget that Harley-Davidson® Chrome Clean & Shine can also be used to clean decorative brushed aluminium, brass and stainless-steel surfaces.
Click here to browse the Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories catalogue